Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Young Women Camp

Formerly known as Girls Camp! Our stake changed the name of camp this year to Young Women Camp! I was one of the lucky ones called to be a counselor to these amazing young women! It was tough leaving Justin and the boys behind, but I definitely had a great time enjoying mother nature and the spirit of Young Women Camp!
Our first night skit to introduce our name "Young Women's Camp Next Top Modest Models," (hence the posing)!

Such good girls doing their capers!Me and my amazing co-counselor! We had a great time and A LOT of laughs!Us with our girls! All of our girls!
Courtney, Mal, myself and Kris! Also know as the "Lathrop Ward Crew!"
Wednesday to Thursday we got to go on an 8 mile round trip overnight hike. Here we are right before our "journey into the wilderness!"A beautiful lookout we stopped off at for a rest!Our final destination, Sword Lake! Can you say BEAUTIFUL!?!We had a great time swimming...roasting marshmallow's...
and just enjoying the beautiful scenery!
I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to go to Young Women Camp and work with these beautiful Young Women. It was an amazing time where we grew closer to one another and to our Heavenly Father.

1 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

Wow! Where you guys hiked to is beautiful! I had so much fun with you guys at camp, and it was really a wonderful week! I love all the pictures you took, and I can't wait to go back again!