Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Days...

Yesterday, August 15, 2011 was Ryan's first day of kindergarten! He was ready and excited to go!With his backpack loaded and ready!We arrived to Mrs. Applegarth's kindergarten classroom which was all ready for some learning and fun! Ryan was a little anxious and stood beside me while we went inside and looked around, which isn't usually like him. After checking out the classroom, he got a little more comfortable and joined his class on the carpet! I'm going to miss this face every morning!
I'm sure any mom who has sent a child off to school can completely relate to the feelings I've been having! Even though Ryan went to preschool, there's something different about knowing that he's now gone and in someone else's care five days a week. It feels like it's just the beginning of my kids going to school and spending more time away from me, but mostly just growing up! It's only going to get worse! I know it's the path we take as we learn and grow and progress in life, but I'm just really not ready for it! I held it together really well until I got into the car and called Justin. Then I lost it and cried off and on throughout the rest of the morning. I miss my little guy!
Today, August 16, 2011 was Austin's first day at preschool! Thus making those feelings I just described even worse!!! Austin was very excited to put his superheroes backpack on and head to school!My two, big school boys!!!The theme at the preschool this year is "Leaping into preschool!" so frogs were everywhere! He was very excited about that!His teachers are Ryan's teachers from last year, so Ryan's been teaching him their names. When we walked in he went straight to her and said, "Hi Mrs. Ribota!" It was so cute! He eagerly walked in and got straight to playing with the toys.We had to get him focused and taught him how to put his name on the apple chart......where to hang his backpack......and then let him get right back to the toys!I also showed him where the bathroom was, but he still had an accident on the first day of preschool! Oh yeah, this boys a stinker!!! I miss my boys already, but I am excited to see all that they will learn and how much they will grow! Myself as well!

1 comments:

Peterson Family said...

your boys are so adorable Krista! I have the exact same feeling as you but luckily I get to hang onto mine for another week! Enjoy your "me" time!!!