Friday, March 14, 2008

Our new arrival!

It's a boy!
Austin John Drinkwater
Born: March 6, 2008
Weight: 6 lbs. 14 oz.
Length: 18 1/2 inches

We are so happy to have Austin here! He was born at 36 weeks gestation and had a rough start to his life. Some respiratory distress and immature lungs called for an 8 day stay at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Of course, we had a very difficult time running back and forth from home to the hospital, but are truly grateful for the support and help of family and great friends.

Mom and Dad before surgery.


Welcome baby Austin!

Austin and Daddy!

My poor sweet baby!

Austin meets Mommy!

Ryan meets Austin!(Unfortunately, Austin was 1 week old and it was through a window.)
Let's go home!


My sweet boys!

9 comments:

Bowman Clan said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I'm so glad to hear that you are all alright and that Austin is doing better. Let me know if there is anything you need. I can't wait to see the cute little man in person.

Aunt Vicki said...

Congatulations! He is beautiful, and you look great! I love his name (dropping Justin's J and adding an A is too cool). Can't wait to meet him. Let us know when we can come visit. Luv you all

Cristy said...

Yea! He's home! You're home! I'm home!! I can't wait to see his cute face and give him hugs and kisses and loves!!!!
Well, maybe not too much!
I'm glad that all is well! I will come over SOON!!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Oh my goodness! He is absolutely beautiful, and I cannot believe how much he looks like Ryan! I love it! I have been laughing so hard about, "Mommy take it out! Take it out!" Lol! I am so glad he's home, and I loved holding him! Congrats again! Love you!

Love Always,
Kris

Matt and Jama said...

Congratulations! He looks great! We are excited for you guys!

To quote another Austin, "That aint no woman, its a man, man!"

The McKinneys

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh sooooo cute! I love this website and can't wait to kiss that baby in person! You are a beautiful family!!! XOXO

Islander said...

Matt told us about your blog and your exciting news. We are very happy for you - you might now have mini Jareds and Justins or maybe Matt's and Josh's with your two sons! Cute pics. love, Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy all is well. I noted in my Palm data that Austin was just about the same size at birth as that husky little Ryan. Two linebackers on the way... or as Barbara M suggested, maybe another set of J & J's or Matt and Josh's, or Ben and Peter's. Sometimes things just go around and come back for revenge! We're looking forward to seeing you guys and holding the new arrival in April. You did a great job Krista, and I'm sure Justin had something to do with it.
Love, Grandpa Ben and Grandma Patti

Celestia said...

Isn't it nice when you finally get your baby home!