Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Where has time gone?

It seems like just yesterday I was holding baby Ryan in my arms, playing with his ten tiny fingers and skinny little toes. I was just humming lullabies to him as I rocked him to sleep and laid him gently into his crib. I have been amazed lately at how fast time has been flying! I am not keeping pace unfortunately and was not emotionally ready for today's big event in our family, but it happened none-the-less.
Ryan had his first day of preschool!
He had no fear as he walked into his classroom with his new and blue Batman backpack on!
We went for a fun scavenger hunt to get to know the classroom after meeting his teachers Mrs. Bowers and Mrs. Wells.
At the coloring table!
Once we completed it, he took his paper to Mrs. Bowers...
and picked out a fun "treasure!"
After all of that fun we headed down the hall to orientation. He was ten steps ahead of me the entire time.
Right before orientation Ryan told me I could only stay for "5 more minutes!" He was ready for me to go!
They have a fun theme this year with space and "blasting off to school..."
and they put on an adorable puppet show to introduce it to the parents and the kids.
Here he is "blasting off to school," way faster than Mommy would like!!!
After blasting off we went for a space walk and found some "moon rocks."
Mommies and Daddies then had to leave. Ryan was so brave! He didn't cry at all, even though Mommy did, and had a great time! I am going to miss my little boy as he takes this next step! I can't handle this!!! Now I know why my Dad used to always tell me to slow down and enjoy life as I was wishing it away when I was younger! Ryan, Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you! You are such a smart, inquisitive, and curious little boy! We love you so much!!!

5 comments:

Melanie Toutai said...

Wow!! How fun! What preschool is he going to? He is such a handsome little guy! We love you Ryan!! Just thinking of Mapuana going to preschool makes me wanna cry!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Wow! That preschool looks amazing! He is going to get to do sooooo many fun things! It really is harder on us as parents (Mommies) then it is on them, but how awesome that he just took to it like he had been doing it forever! What a litle stud! I am so happy for you guys, and glad you guys are back! We missed you so much! Good job Ryan! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Krista--remember these feelings, because I had the same ones not so long ago when we dropped you off at college. (which came way to soon for me)And I think you would have said the same thing (only stay 5 more minutes, but we had a long way to drive--but, those were your feelings at the time :)!!) But, look what it got me--a great son-in-law, and two wonderful, smart and very handsome grandsons!!
He will do great!!
XOXO
mom

Alexis said...

he is SO cute!

Peterson Family said...

How Cute!! Cole starts next week- I am the same, it's so weird to let your baby go and I wish I could just freeze the time and keep them this innocent forever!