Thursday, June 25, 2009

My first ever...

trip to the ER! All I can say is that I hate bee's and the word "Grandpa!" Don't mean to bore you all, but I must document this interesting experience.

On Sunday evening I was stung be a bee after upsetting a hive while getting ready for our Father's Day dinner. I got over it in a few minutes and didn't think about again...until Monday evening. With Justin at scout camp I headed up to my parent's house for the week. Monday night I couldn't sleep because my ankle itched like CRAZY!!! Tuesday my ankle continued to itch with now some swelling. Wednesday, can barely walk!!! Now that's why I hate bees!!!

Why do I hate the word "Grandpa" you ask. Well, after 3 hours of sitting in the hall of the Kaiser ER on a gurney listening to the person in the room next to you moaning and yelling "Help...G-R-A-N-D-P-A!" you'd hate the word too!!! Every man with gray hair who walked down the hall I was thinking to myself "Please be Grandpa! Please be Grandpa!" I even asked the doctor when he came to me if he knew where my Grandpa was... I though it was funny at 12:30 AM.

I hated waiting for that long to find out that I have "cellulitis" or an infection caused by the bee sting. Some antibiotics and I should be better in no time. If I were at home I would have just visited my doctor, but no, I'm visiting elsewhere so must have the ER experience!

2 comments:

Peterson Family said...

that's so sad :( The ER is always a fun place to go these days, most of those people are not really having an emergency-but they just don't have insurance so they go to the ER because they can't get seen anywhere else!

Next time you're up here let me know, maybe we can get together

..Kris Naven.. said...

I am glad you are ok, and if I was the doctor I would have laughed if you asked if that was the "Grandpa!"