Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cabin with the Callaway Crew!!!

This past weekend the boys and I headed up to the mountains for some fun at the cabin with the Callaway crew! Unfortunately, Justin had already agreed to do a fundraiser with his boy scouts, so he was unable to come and we really missed him!
Just to give you an idea of how much snow is still there!
Completely above the cars and burying the first story of the cabin!
The first day there, Ryan was relentless in asking to play in the snow. Without Justin there, I had to follow Ryan while carrying Austin with an already sore back while I fell knee deep in the snow with every step I took. It was exhausting, but a lot of fun! Here we are on a snowbank on top of the river behind the cabin. Not very safe, so we quickly got off and back onto safer ground!
On Friday night Trevor worked hard digging this tunnel through the snow. And good thing, the kids had a BLAST sliding down and climbing through it for the next two days! Ryan loved it!
Ryan and Addie! Ryan and Sydney with the snowball making machine!
The first day Austin wasn't too sure about the snow and felt uneasy, thus making me carry him as I mentioned earlier!
After a little more practice, he became more comfortable and was walking himself around in the snow by day two! Thank goodness! My back couldn't take much more!
My two little snow angels!!!
Making snowballs!
On day two we headed over to the big snow hill with everyone! The boys were so excited to go sledding, but had to figure out how to make it up the hill and were looking for the easiest ways possible!
Ryan started pulling Austin, but quickly gave up! Soon after this, he had his older cousins pulling him up the hill! They LOVED sledding together and would giggle the whole way down!!!
Ashley decided to join in the fun and rode down with the boys! It was really funny!
Austin started getting cold and wet, so I walked him back to hang out with Papa and Nana while Ryan stayed out at the sledding hill. He found some new sledding partners and had a lot more fun!
Ryan and Addie with a big push from AJ!!! We had such a great time out in the snow throughout the weekend and enjoyed ourselves inside as well warming up after the outside fun! We ate a TON of food, visited, and played games!
We had such a great time and want to thank all of those who made it possible for us to go to the cabin! I explained to Ryan and Austin how lucky we are to be able to do these kinds of things and go these fun places! We truly are, and I hope that they learn to appreciate it as much as I do!

1 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

How fun! The sledding looks like so much fun! I would have hopped on too! I'm glad you guys had a great time! :)