Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthday Fun!!!

This past Saturday I celebrated my birthday. I'm getting to the point where I don't love birthdays cause it means I'm getting older, but it's nice to have a day to enjoy and do fun things! On Friday night Justin and I went out to dinner at BJ's with my sister Ashley and her husband Steve. Our plan was to then go miniature golfing, but just another sign of how old I'm getting, we were too tired so just headed home! ;)
We spent the day Saturday out at the lake for the first time this year and it was a perfectly beautiful day for it!
Steve and Ash!Me and Austy! Ryan and I!!! We headed up to the part of the lake where the American River enters into Folsom Lake and picked a good spot to swim and have some snacks! Ryan and Uncle Trev getting ready to jump in! Trying to convince Austin! Snack time!Ryan and Daddy braved the cooler than normal waters! As did Aubrey! Ryan tried to use her as a ladder to climb up onto the boat and thought it was hilarious! After some swimming and snacks, we headed a little further up the river to the Salmon falls Bridge, which is where rafters exit the waters after riding the river. Steve and Trevor were the gutsy ones and jumped off the bridge! Just another sign of my age! 8-10 years ago I would have been doing it right along with them! Ryan and Austin had a lot of fun helping Papa drive the boat back out towards the lake!Once we got out of the "No Wake" zone, we pumped up the tube for some tubing fun! Ryan and I went first! He is soooooo brave for a 4 1/2 year old! We was cracking up and laughing the entire time! He would turn to me every few minutes and yell, "Mom, I'm so excited it's your birthday so we could come to the lake and ride in the tube! I love you!!!" It was so funny and adorable!
Next up, Uncle Steve and Ryan! He was able to convince Ryan to let go of the handles and put his hands in the air. He wouldn't do that for me!
While Ryan took turns tubing with everyone, Austin relaxed in the boat and helped out with the flag. If anyone fell out, he was ready to raise it high!We had such a great time at the lake and headed home for a nice BBQ after! Thank you all who made my birthday such a fun one!

4 comments:

The Boberg's said...

Looks like so much fun!!! We'll have to have lots more lake days when we get home! Wish we could have been there :(
Happy Birthday!

..Kris Naven.. said...

What a cute post! Happy Birthday! How fun that you got to spend it with your family! The pics are adorable, and you can totally tell how much fun you had! Happy Birthday again, and P.S. you are not old! :)

Alicia Biedermann said...

if you are old what does that make me???? it sounds like your birthday was a ton of fun. hopefully they will continue to be as fun into your "old age"...

The Weist Family said...

How fun! Can't wait to see you guys tonight!