Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Waterpark...

While we on our roadtrip in Utah, we spent one day at the aquatic center in Murray. It was perfect for our kids! It had a huge pool that was really shallow and only got to about 3 feet deep, then had another deeper pool with two diving boards plus a water slide! Mal and I took the kids and her brother Danny came to help us out! It was a lot of fun!
Austin, Danny and Payton!!!
Ryan loved the water fountains and would swim under the water to get behind them!
He also watched the kids jumping off the diving board for a good hour before he finally asked if he could go try. I told him of course and he immediately climbed out and walked over. I discussed my rules for jumping off of the diving board which included no running. Walk to the end, wait for the kids before you to get out of the way, then jump! He did well and LOVED it!!!
After watching all of the other kids do it, he slowly swayed from my rules and began jumping on the end and slowly jogging to the end to jump. It went well! I realize that he's getting big, and he's a really cautious little boy, so if he feels that's too much for him, he'll quit doing it! He spent the rest of the day on the diving board!!!
Austin thought it was so cool that he could touch the bottom, but then got annoyed when he wanted to swim! We had to go to where the pool ended at it's deepest point to suffice him when he got frustrated with that!
He also figured out how to float on his back and would tell me over and over again, "I wanna fwoat!" It was cute!The favorite for EVERYONE was the waterslide! Ryan was the first to go and LOVED it!!!
After a while on his bum, he switched to his belly and had a great time!!!Ryan talked Austin into going which meant Mommy had to go! I thought it would scare him, but what was I thinking!?! Hello, the kids loved tubing on a lake behind a huge boat, why would he be scared of a little waterslide?!? He certainly wasn't!!! We went up and down that slide a ton of times and really enjoyed it! Danny took Austin for me so I could get a picture of him!
After 4 hours at the waterpark right during naptime, these boys were wiped out and all conked out in the car!!!

2 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

That waterpark looks awesome! What a fun time and super cute pics! :)

Anonymous said...

those boys must have had such fun. they will remember that forever.
Gma