Thursday, July 29, 2010

Road Trip!!!

Several months ago my friend Mallory and I were discussing our plans for the summer. Mine originally included attending Young Women's Camp for our stake as a counselor, but I wasn't able to find anyone to take care of the boys for me. My parents, who did it last year, would be out of town, so I had to cancel those plans. I really missed camp! I told her that my parents were out of town because my sister was graduating from BYU-Idaho and that i might try to go if I don't attend camp. Well, as my plans for camp fell through, we discussed it more and decided to go together and to make a road trip out of it!!!
So, Mal and I...
...loaded our four crazy kids into the car. This included my 4 and 2 year olds, and her 2 year old and 4 month old! Were we asking for it?!? Ummmmmm, yeah!!!
We drove all night and ended up in the Salt Lake Valley at the Cambra household! We spent a few days there and had a lot of fun! The boys ran through the sprinklers...
Payton
...played games and made HUGE messes!!!
We also spent one day at an awesome pool (post to follow)!
After all our Utah fun, we continued with our drive up to Idaho!!! Mal and I have made a lot of connections and realized why we each looked so familiar to one another. We both attended BYU-Idaho about 7 years ago, and frequented the same areas. Crazy! So, we wanted to go back and visit the place together!
Our first night we had dinner at Auntie May May and Uncle Allen's apartment!
The kiddos loved playing around and destroying the hotel room!
On Thursday we went to Bear World (post to follow)...
then headed to the temple later that day!
The Rexburg temple has been built since we each left Rexburg, so it was fun to check it out! My boys were admiring their favorite part of the temple, Angel Moroni!!!
Part of our Eternal Family!!! Daddy's at home!
We enjoyed walking around the temple grounds...
and came to this grassy hill! The boys LOVED running down it! The following day we took the boys around campus and told them about the different places we went. Where Daddy and Mommy met, got engaged, lived, all the fun things! It was really more for Mal and I than it was for the kids! Haha! That evening we went to the gardens, which is where Justin and I spent much of our time! They are truly my favorite part of campus! (post to follow)
The main event!!! Megan's graduation!!!
My beautiful sister graduated with her Bachelor of Science Degree in Social Work! We are so excited that her and Allen will now be in Cali with us!!!
Three BYU-I graduates!!! Ash, Meg and I!!!
Auntie Megan with her boys!!!
Everyone who made the trip out to celebrate with Megan!!! And help them move back!!! The following day we headed out to Craigo's, a Rexburg classic, for some lunch!
Then out to the sand dunes and Egin Lakes for some riding and fun in the sun (post to follow)!!!
After all that fun and play, we had to end our trip with some delicious G's Dairy ice cream while we watched the Pioneer Day fireworks!!!
Aside from the tantrums, the meltdowns, the lack of sharing, and the midnight feedings, we had a GREAT TIME!!! Thanks Mal, Payton and Scarlett for joining us!!! Congratulations Megan!!! We are so proud of you and excited to see where your life takes you!!!

4 comments:

Alicia Biedermann said...

okay mal and you are crazy! i vaguely remember kris saying you were doing this but wow! super women!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Oh my goodness! What a blast and great memories! I love it, and congrats to Megan! :)

Josh, Mal, Payt, Scar said...

That was a super fun trip!!!! We are crazy thats for sure, but it was worth it!

Rachel Johnson said...

What a fun trip! Congrats megan- I guess she has her own blog now huh that I could comment on. Oh well. Ashley you don't even look pregnant!! What a fun family you guys are, always doing things together, I love it!