Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Mommy you hear dat?"

So, like I previously blogged, we've started potty training Ryan. You all must have a lot of faith, because he suddenly picked up on it. I've also decided that he is an auditory learner. After having a serious accident that left a path on the carpet to a large puddle on the bathroom floor I put Ryan on the "potty" to clean it up. As he sat there, he went a little bit more and saw what he was doing. We put on new "big boy underwear" and went off to play. About 30 minutes later I asked him if he needed to go potty, and he said "yeah." We went in, sat down, and I went to get Austin who was crying in the other room. As I walked back into the bathroom, Ryan said "Mommy you hear dat?" Sure enough, he was going "potty." We celebrated, he got his reward, and he's been dry ever since (28 hours). He even took his own diaper off this morning, climbed onto the potty, and went by himself. It's amazing to me how quickly he picked up on it! Everytime he goes, he reminds us "We can hear it!" Like I said, an auditory learner.

1 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

YEAH for Ryan! I am so happy for you guys, and it really is amazing how quickly they pick up on it after they recognize that they are doing it! This picture is priceless-a must show in his later years! Love you!

Love Always,
Kris