Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Decorating the tree...

We had a great time decorating the tree this year. Ryan is old enough to help, and Austin is old enough to get into everything. SO FUN! Ryan had a great time putting some of the ornaments on the tree, all in one place, but he had fun.

Just as soon as the Ryan put an ornament on the tree, it was pulled off by Austin and it was in his mouth! I'm not sure there were any ornaments he didn't chew on!!!

A tradition that my family had growing up was getting a new Christmas ornament each year. The ornament we got usually pertained to an interest we had or something we did that year. All of my ornaments from growing up are on our tree now, and I loved that tradition, so Justin and I decided to carry it on in our family. This year be got the following ornaments for the boys.

Austin was born this year, so he got a "Baby's first Christmas" snowman!

Ryan loves Mickey Mouse and went to Disneyland for the first time this year, so he got an ornament with Mickey and Minnie. (He also loves Frosty, so this one was perfect!)

Our Christmas tree in all it's glory!

I love Christmas and the spirit this season brings! I especially love the opportunity we have to reflect upon the life of the Savior, and particularly his birth. Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

(My new Nativity that I love!)

2 comments:

Michelle Elena said...

Your tree looks lovely how many breakable ornaments do you have or has any of your boys broken any. I like that tradition of getting an ornament for your kids each year they are really cute. Kaylee so far since she has been born has gotten ornaments from family so I want to keep that up.Our tree doesn't have that many ornaments we have Sam's from when he was growing up. Kaylee's and a few from me and as a family but this is only our 2nd christmas as a married couple. I hope you have a merry christmas

..Kris Naven.. said...

This is so cute, and I love how Ryan is putting them all in one place, and that Austin is chewing on all of them! Love it! The boys are so stinkin' cute! Love them!!!