Monday, March 16, 2009

Smart boy!

The teacher in me wants to teach Ryan (and Austin eventually) how to read, write, spell, count, add, subtract, you name it! But, the Mommy in me wants to keep him home, protect him, coddle him, and keep him little. Fortunately, I can have both, for a while!


Ryan has been asking a lot about preschool and wanting to go to school, with his backpack, and ride the bus, and learn with his friends. We've decided to wait on that until next school year, but I'm going to get a head start on things. I bought some preschool practice books at Costco, made some copies, and started working in them with my little "stinker." He was so exited when he made the lines straight and I praised him like crazy. He said "Mommy, are you proud of me?" after nearly every page we did after that. He can recognize his name and tell you how it's spelled, so now we're practicing holding a pencil so we can get to writing it. I really am so proud of him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is just like his uncle! he sticks his tounge out when he is focusing! haha...my little Ry is getting so BIG!!:(

luv ya!
Natalie

..Kris Naven.. said...

This picture is too cute! I love the total concentration with his tongue sticking out! Thanks so much for letting me borrow those books, and I actually picked some up the other day when we went to Costco, so I will give you yours back. It is so much fun when they start learning new things, and I agree with you about wanting them to stay little forever-I wish they could, but I am trying to enjoy every minute I have with them now! Ryan (and Austin) are getting to be such big boys! Love you guys!!!

Michelle Elena said...

That is so awesome he craves to learn