Sunday, March 1, 2009

What a week!

I don't usually use my blog to vent or whine, but to rather document my family and particularly our ADORABLE boys. This week, however, I will make an exception. What a week!!! Austin has been sick all week and trying to cut 6, that's right 6 teeth at the same time. That has called for hours of screaming at night, a runny nose, lots of slobber, and some definite grouchiness! I love him anyway! On top of that, I took our van in to get checked out on Wednesday, and it never left the spot I parked it in. That's right, our 4 month old van's transmission, completely shot the second I parked it!!! Thank goodness for warranties!!! So, we've had to live with one car, which is doable, but difficult when you both work and have doctor's appointments and the such to go to. Now, I'm sick to top it all off! Thank goodness for a WONDERFUL husband who has spent the day since church taking care of our little stinkers and for a sweet little 3 year old who's been "Mommy's Helper" in taking care of Austin and things around the house. That's all! I'm done! On to better things!


After a stressful week, the boys and I needed something fun. So, we headed to the Ripon Almond Blossom Festival Parade on Saturday with some friends. This is an event that is held to celebrate Ripon and the beautiful almond orchards that surround the area.We got there a little early, so we headed to the school for the boys to play before the parade started. They, of course, had a lot of fun!My new favorite picture! What cuties!After a while, we headed back to our seats for the parade to begin!Ryan was as serious as ever and watched the parade very intently! He observes EVERYTHING and has to tell you all about it!Until they threw the candy!Austin also watched carefully, in between whining sessions...and put his new art of clapping to the test!We had a fun time! Thank you Mallory, Payton, Kris, Elliott, Oliver and Zale for going with us!

3 comments:

Julie C. said...

You really need to talk to my mom. I was 10 months old, walking, no doubt fluent in several languages. . . . And not a tooth in sight! Then one day she said I started to cry, and cried for about 36 hours while I cut SIX TEETH!! Then I collapsed in a heap and slept for 18 hours. So Austin, I feel your pain, buddy. :) And yours too Krista.

..Kris Naven.. said...

I hope you feel better, and Austin too! We had so much fun going with you guys on Saturday-thanks so much for inviting us! And I hope they can fix your van fast...I'm sure Ryan is missing his "Mini-Van" and you are too! Get well soon!

Brooke said...

Ouch! 6 teeth at a time. At least its all at once so you don't have to deal with the whining multiple times? Hope you get feeling better too!