Thursday, January 21, 2010

I had an exciting evening planned for myself last night. It consisted of making dinner, doing dishes, giving baths, folding laundry and retiring to bed a bit earlier than normal. I know, you're jealous!
Well, my evening ended up nothing like I had planned! As I was preparing dinner, Ryan came running into the kitchen from the garage informing me that we would be getting some new pet fish. This is what happens when you put your husband in charge of cleaning out his junk in the garage. As anyone who has or has ever had a 4 year-old and a 22 month-old, promises must be granted right then, there's no room for later. So, my carefully planned out evening took a turn and changed to doing all of the above listed things, and throwing in a trip to Petsmart!

Ryan and Austin were extremely excited to pick out their first pets!
Austin thought it was fun to tap on the window and watch all of the fish shoot off in another direction. He kept telling me "Fish scared!" Little stinker!
Ryan ran to every tank and would describe the fish he could see inside. He's such a smart boy!As we drove home we carefully discussed what we were going to name our new pets! I introduce you to Bessie, Ryan's fish...
and Guppy Bear, Austin's fish! Ryan was so cute, he knew they were guppies, and he thought it sounded like Gummy Bear, thus Guppy Bear!
They love their new pets and could have watched them for hours! In fact, we're on our way now! We'll keep you updated on the progress of the new additions to our family, which by the way, are Daddy's responsibility!

2 comments:

Cristy said...

I know I say this every comment...but how the heck is Austin 22 months old? Your boys get cuter every day! Tell them to stop growing! Mom's should be able to stop something like that and then bottle it!
So cute! Seriously!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

That is too cool! :)