Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Eagle Power Part 2!!!

Last Friday Justin and I got a babysitter and headed off to UC Davis to meet up with my family and watch the Division II Sac-Joaquin Section Championship game between our beloved Del Oro Golden Eagles and their rival the Rocklin Thunder. The fact that these two teams made it through the playoffs and ended up in the section championship game just shows how competitive the Serra Foothill League is. It rained the entire day, so we suited up in our rain gear and watched some great football!
(Yes, that glare is from Justin's rain gear!)
For all of the Del Oro faithful, the warm up routine!!!
We ended up losing the game 14-21 which sent Rocklin on to the state championship game which will happen this weekend. The game was televised, so we got to watch it again the next day. I was so sad after the game, mainly because I won't get to watch my brother play football anymore! While watching the game Saturday, they did a little spotlight on him, which he totally deserved!

Del Oro Eagle Football Player and Coaches, GREAT SEASON!!! It was so fun watching you guys dominate and play with such heart!!! Not many schools have the heart and spirit DO does, and it was fun to watch!

Trevor, I love you brother! I am so proud of all you've accomplished and how hard you've worked! It was so fun watching you this year, and we hope you do just as well at whatever life throws at you next!

People often say that you should treasure your children while they are small, because they grow up so fast! They aren't kidding!!! I feel that way with all of my siblings too. When I moved out and went to college, everyone was still at home and my youngest sibling was only 7. She's now a sophomore in high school and there's only two kids left at home out of the six of us. I can't handle all of the change and growing up that my siblings and my own children are doing!!! Life needs to slow down, but I have a feeling it's going to do just the opposite!

1 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

That was a really sweet post! Thanks for sharing! :)