Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eagle Power!!!!!

As I have said before, I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! This year, the Del Oro Golden Eagles made into the playoffs and have played some amazing games. The day after Thanksgiving they beat the #1 ranked team Saint Mary's 30-29 in an incredible game! Last week they were off as the underdog once again to play the Folsom Bulldogs. I had to go and support my alma mater and my cute little, but bigger than me, brother as well as my cousin!
Before the game, the town of Loomis lined the streets with posters and signs cheering for the buses as they headed off for the big game!
In rare Schmidt Family form, we carried our pizzas into the game wrapped in blankets and enjoyed some good food and amazing football!
Let me just say, that Del Oro was losing 7-35 at halftime and it was looking like the season was about to end for our boys. But, after a halftime kick-in-the-tail and an uplifting speech in the locker room by my awesome cousin, the Golden Eagles ended up winning 43-42 after an amazing comeback! Click here to see the highlights from the game!
The crowd rushing the field after the missed field goal by Folsom with 1 second left giving us the win!
My cute little boys so excited and waiting to greet Uncle after he played an awesome game, bruised ribs and all!!! Next stop, Section Championships against our rival Rocklin this Friday at UC Davis! It will be an awesome game!

1 comments:

Alexis said...

my dad was talking about this the other day...jealous you get to go! :)