Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Why do I LOVE Mother's Day? Easy...It's another day to remind me how great it is to be called "Mommy!" Being a Mom has taught me so many things, more than I ever would have thought. But as I grow as a Mother, I learn that I already knew all of these things, as I was taught them by example. I love Mother's Day, as it's a day to celebrate the "Mother's" in my life.

My Mommy is the best! I have learned so much from her throughout my life, and continue to as she's the first person I call when I need help or advice. My mother is patient (unlike me), kind, tender hearted, and caring. She is always there when she's needed willing to help in any way she can. She is strong when times are tough. She has unwavering faith. She is the rock of our family. It is because of my Mommy I am who I am. It is because of my Mommy I know what I know. It is because of my Mommy I am the Mommy that I am.Another Mom to celebrate is my Mother-in-law Patti. I am grateful for her and the strength that she is. She is so compassionate, caring and giving. Because of her I have a strong, faithful and diligent husband. She taught him to work hard, have faith, and to put the toilet seat down (thank you)! I am thankful for the things that she taught him and continues to teach all of us.

A Mother's Love ~ Author unknown

A Mother's Love is like an island In life's ocean vast and wide, A peaceful, quiet shelter From the restless, rising tide ... A Mother's Love is like a fortress And we seek protection there When the waves of tribulation Seem to drown us in despair ... A Mother's Love's a sanctuary Where our souls can find sweet rest From the struggle and the tension Of life's fast and futile quest ... A Mother's Love is like a tower Rising far above the crowd, And her smile is like the sunshine Breaking through a threatening cloud ... A Mother's Love is like a beacon Burning bright with Faith and Prayer, And through the changing scenes of life We can find a Haven There ... For A Mother's Love is fashioned After God's enduring love, It is endless and unfailing Like the love of Him above ... For God knew in His great wisdom That He couldn't be Everywhere, So He put His Little Children In a Loving Mother's Care.

(Sorry, I couldn't get it to format correctly)

I am so grateful for the love of my Mother, for the love that I have for my children as a mother, and for all of the "Mother's" in my life. My grandmother's, aunt's, sister's, cousin's and friend's. You are all examples to me of what it means to be a Mother.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

Happy Mother's day Krista! You are a wonderful Mommy! And this post was so beautiful! I hope you have a great day! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Krista,
I love you so much! You are a great mother and I love to watch you with the boys.
XOXO
mom